Job Title: IT Technology Consultant – Sales
Reports to: Director – IT Solutions
Strategic Systems is the IT Division of CEI – The Digital Office. Founded in 1957, CEI – The Digital Office has been providing business and technology solutions to the Raleigh-Durham area for over 60 years. We pride ourselves on being the elite provider of office equipment and IT products/services. Strategic Systems is responsible for providing Managed IT Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Hardware, and Software applications to our client base. The IT Technology Consultant is responsible for positively positioning our IT Services and SaaS products to not only our existing client base, but net-new prospects in an assigned geographical territory. At CEI we are looking for a self-starter who is energized to sell by thinking critically yet creatively. This position is based out of our local Raleigh-Durham office with an assigned sales territory.
In this role you will be responsible for cultivating net-new business opportunities, as well as expanding existing client portfolios with enhanced offerings that best suit their business technology goals. You will qualify sales opportunities, determine the scope of work/products needed, and formulate solutions for the client based upon exploratory conversations and our offerings.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prospecting new business opportunities in an assigned geographical area – this includes but is not limited to, in person cold calling, tele-prospecting, in-person appointments, data mining using LinkedIn, Facebook, or additional online research
- Proactively develop and maintain customer contact through networking opportunities, prospecting, marketing leads, and strategic planning
- Maintain your territory and database daily to best achieve goals and objectives
- Intermediate knowledge of Managed IT Services, Microsoft Office 365 and correlating products, Cyber Security Solutions, Cloud Services, and Hardware acquisition.
- The ability to manage IT projects to completion – including, but not limited to, cabling, hardware acquisition and onboarding, new client onboarding, etc.
- Keep current on market competitors, trends, and provide feedback to management
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately, and submit in a timely manner
- Oversee entire sales process and continued account management after the sale
- Manage customer conflicts, and present effective resolutions
- Achieve or exceed revenue and profit objectives; meet and exceed monthly quotas
- Meticulously maintain CRM records to include all account activity and appropriate contacts
- Manage existing accounts, conduct business reviews, and promote organic account growth
Working Conditions: This position reports to the Raleigh-Durham office with an assigned sales territory.
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media for prospecting, and Microsoft Office Products
- Detail oriented self-starter with superior time-management skills
- Competitive spirit and inspired to perform based upon benchmark achievements
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) office technology, IT products and software solutions