IT Services For Law Firms
Over the last decade, law firms are increasingly coming to the realization not keeping up with IT changes, can create risks for their clients and their practice. Case management software, document management, email encryption, time tracking, billing contacts, case calendars, and more have created an even greater reliance on IT infrastructure. Document collaboration, video conferencing, and mobile devices are making IT services for law firms a top priority.
Despite all of these IT changes, fewer than 60% of law firms have a “formal” IT budget and 25% of law firms still have no IT security policies. Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI has over 25 years of experience offering Managed IT support for law firms, and we believe that our blend of industry knowledge and IT expertise can serve your attorneys well.
- Managed IT Services
- IT Consulting
- Project and Program Management
- IT Management and Support
- Cloud Computing Services
- Application Services
- IT Outsourcing
- Print & Copy Solutions
IT Trends in the Legal Industry
As a managed IT services provider that has significant experience providing IT infrastructure, cloud hosting, cloud computing management, and support services to our legal clients, Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI has spent time trying to future-proof our clients’ IT processes.
We have curated a list of predictions that have either started to happen or that we believe will happen in the near future in order to best assist our clients with their upcoming legal IT challenges:
- An increasing reliance on outsourcing for managed IT services. We believe this will happen as firms re-focus on their core competencies and leave the increasingly complicated world of IT to dedicated providers.
- An acceleration of legal departments getting comfortable with alternative models by “unbundling”, re-aggregating previously unbundled tasks, and using managed service providers to get work done.
- An increasing movement towards the cloud and virtual IT services allows smaller law firms to compete with larger firms.
- While the legal industry has been historically slow to adopt major technological changes, the legal industry will continue its increasing adoption of websites, as research has shown that 77% of professional firms generate new business leads online.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) continues to spread across multiple law firms as the legal IT challenges are overcome.
- Firms will spend most of their extra money on Document Management Software rather than Practice Management Software.
- Firms that focus on improved business practices and improved technologies will see better results than firms that just “make do” with their current legal IT infrastructure.
Our Managed IT Services Address Your Law Firm’s Concerns
IT as a Service (ITaaS) is a relatively new development for the IT infrastructure, IT operations, and IT staff of legal firms. It represents a holistic approach to the acquisition, deployment, and operation of IT environments, and is a better way to meet business and customer demands, as it offers:
- A flat-fee structure so you are no longer concerned about billable hours, as we are motivated to make your environment as stable as possible as quickly as possible
- A very predictable cost structure without large capital expenses
- A better ROI on your IT expenses as you order just what you need
- The benefits of having 24×7 support, monitoring, and management of your IT infrastructure and end-user devices
- Privacy, security, and compliance (all distinct issues) management
- An IT infrastructure is scalable. If you need more of anything, you just order it
Managed IT Services for Law Firms
When you choose Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI to provide your managed IT services in Raleigh, you can select only the components and support you need. Using our managed IT services, your law firm can realize significant cost savings compared to in-house alternatives. Delivering secure, enterprise-wide computing and IT management support in a “private cloud”, Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI, offers best-in-class functionality and performance while relieving your organization from supporting underlying hardware, software, and technology replacements.
By obtaining innovative network solutions for your law firm, you can guarantee both security and performance levels through a Service Level Agreement. Subscribe for a monthly fee rather than purchasing thousands of dollars in hardware and software that has to be continually upgraded and patched, then replaced every four years.
Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI can provide your Legal Firm:
- Support for your entire IT infrastructure and all of your end-user devices
- Cloud Servers & Cloud Hosting Solutions
- Application hosting
- Secure support for multiple users, multiple locations, and multiple device management
- Secure network connectivity via VPNs
- Nightly on and off-site data backups
- Disaster recovery services
- Guaranteed network performance and availability
Leave your current IT “break-fix” environment where a vendor’s objective is to increase billable hours. Instead, let our Managed IT Services provide your legal practice with complete IT solutions that follow the latest in advanced security technology and performance guarantees.
Our skilled IT solution architects offer IT consulting services to law firms in a highly complex information technology environment where law firms are challenged to continue to manage ever-changing technology.
Our responsive IT management and support services are based on a solid investment in advanced IT tool sets, advanced IT service management platforms, and IT professionals skilled at problem-solving. Keep your lawyers productive.
As law firms increasingly rely on technology to manage sensitive client information, cybersecurity becomes a critical aspect of daily operations. Without proper support, law firms can fall victim to cyber-attacks that can result in extensive financial and reputational damage. That’s why it’s important for law firms to invest in comprehensive cybersecurity measures, including malware protection and employee training.
Secure, scalable, reliable, virtual, private, hybrid, or public, the Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI’s cloud services package is designed for uptime, optimization, and mobility.
Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI ensures optimal performance for SaaS companies serving legal firms, and application tiers: web, middleware, and databases.
With the Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI IT outsourcing model, companies experience cost savings, standardized operations, and efficiencies, and simplified IT management and support using our ITIL-based approach.
Print and Copy Data Security Solutions
Your law firm generates a lot of paperwork and documents, so you need a reliable, efficient printer and copier to meet the demand of your organization. Through our parent company, CEI The Digital Office, we can help you select the right equipment, maintenance contracts, and more that provide you with exactly what you need. With over 60 years of experience in the print and copy field, we can be your partner in this as well as your managed IT provider.
CEI The Digital Office offers the following print and copy services:
- A variety of printers, copiers, and multi-functional devices from leading manufacturers, including Lexmark, Konica Minolta, and Savin, for sale or lease.
- Leasing options that will meet your budget while allowing you to keep the latest technology onsite.
- Cost per copy contracts so you only pay for the prints and copies you need.
- Custom maintenance contracts with help desk support so your equipment is always working at maximum levels.
- Document management systems that include mobile printing, file-sharing programs, and PDF editing.
Choosing Managed IT Services for Your Law Firm
Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI blends speed, agility, and simplicity to minimize organizational challenges in scaling and managing information technology infrastructure in your legal firm. With access to best-in-class technology experts, toolsets, hardware, and software.
- Is the growth of your data increasing, and your IT infrastructure cannot keep up?
- Are legacy systems becoming obsolete and harder to support?
- Are the number of sites, devices, systems, and users increasing?
- Do clients need secure communications over mobile devices and tablets?
- As everything is expanding, is your ability to manage risk, security, and compliance also growing?
- Does finance want to move from a capital to an operating expense model?
- Is your existing IT infrastructure fragmented and becoming more complex to manage and monitor?
- Is maintenance more burdensome and licensing, and support contracts becoming problems?
See How Our Managed IT Services Can Help Your Law Firm
If you accept that data is critical to your law firm and that the management of that data is equally important, then you want to establish a relationship with a provider like Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI that will be a partner with you. If this sounds like your law firm, call our IT department directly at (919) 899-1451 or complete the form below to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our managed IT services for your law firm!