As a small or midsize business (SMB), you might think you’re safe from cyber attacks. While that may have been true in the past, it’s no longer the case. In fact, the number of SMBs who have experienced cyber attacks has risen steadily over the past several years. In 2017, 61% of small businesses experienced a cyber attack, which was up from 55% in 2016.
According to the Better Business Bureau, cyber attacks cost small businesses an average of $79,841. A loss that large could devastate a small or midsize company.
Fortunately, there are more security options available to SMBs than ever before. Some security measures, like multi-factor authentication, have typically been reserved for larger corporations but with Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI and WatchGuard, your SMB can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with extensive security measures.
Before understanding how Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI and WatchGuard can protect your business, it’s important to understand how hackers get your information.
How Do Cyber Attacks Happen?
Most data breaches happen when login credentials are lost, typically via phishing scams. This means that, unfortunately, most data breaches come as a result of human error on the part of employees.
Without MFA, cyber criminals only need to have your username and password to access your data. Since many people reuse passwords or use the same password across accounts, a hacker may be able to access several of your accounts with just one username and password.
How WatchGuard AuthPoint Protects Your Business
As a WatchGuard Gold Partner, Strategic Systems provides AuthPoint multi-factor authentication (MFA) to businesses of all sizes in the Raleigh area.
WatchGuard AuthPoint MFA is a security measure that goes past traditional two-factor authentication. MFA requires additional information to log in, preventing criminals from hacking into your system, even if they have basic login information.
With MFA, the user is asked to present three factors: something only they know (e.g. a password), something only they have (e.g. a one-time password), and evidence that they are who they say they are (e.g. a fingerprint).
More ways WatchGuard AuthPoint MFA keeps your business safe:
- Download and activate the AuthPoint mobile app to view and manage login attempts via push notifications, one-time passwords, or QR code entries for offline scenarios.
- Deploying and managing WatchGuard is simple with the WatchGuard Cloud platform. It is accessible from any internet-connected device, doesn’t require a software install, and can be used by a single global account or several independent accounts.
- The AuthPoint app creates personalized signatures, or “DNA”, for user devices and verifies the DNA as part of the sign in process to ensure that even if a device is cloned, it may not be used to log in to your system.
- As a cloud-based solution, AuthPoint is affordable and does not require additional hardware or on-premises equipment. This cuts down on the cost of set up and maintenance, making MFA accessible to more businesses than ever.
- Integration is available for dozens of 3rd party applications, VPNs, and networks, helping protect all facets of your business.
Defend Your Business with Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI and WatchGuard
If you’re ready to safeguard your company’s information with MFA, Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI and AuthPoint are an affordable solution for every business. For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact the experts at Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI by calling (919) 783-1410 or fill out our online contact form below.