How a Passportal Site Can Help You With Password Management
If you’re like a lot of people, you reuse passwords across several sites, or use the same password with a slight variation like the addition of a number or exclamation point at the end. You probably know this isn’t secure, but the idea of keeping track of dozens of unique passwords is daunting.
Having a password manager can alleviate all of the stress of keeping track of passwords while making your accounts more secure than ever.
Why Password Security is Important
Using the same password on several sites opens yourself up for disaster if one of your accounts is compromised in a data breach. And while a personal account being compromised is damaging to the individual, the consequences for a professional account can be devastating to a company.
To understand why password manager is so important for companies, let’s look at some statistics:
- In a recent study, 59% of the 2,000 people surveyed responded that they use the same password for multiple accounts
- In the same study, 62% of people responded that they use the same passwords for personal and work accounts
- A 2017 Pew Research Center study found that 65% of the people surveyed relied on memorization to remember their passwords (which contributes to reusing passwords)
With those statistics, it’s no wonder that more companies are deploying password management software. It is quickly becoming a necessity to safeguard data and login information.
What is Password Management Software?
Password managers generate unique passwords and stores them for each of your online accounts in a digital vault. This data is encrypted so well that it would take hackers years to break in.
To access your vault, you have one master password. Access to your accounts is protected from hackers and easily accessible to you, exactly the way it should be.
How Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI Can Solve Your Password Management Concerns
At Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI, our passportal site provides peace of mind and security by…
- Storing passwords in an encrypted database
- Auto-expiring passwords and generating new, complex passwords at a frequency that works for you (e.g. weekly or monthly)
- Performing an auto-discovery for places the password is used
- Allowing you to give temporary access to technicians or clients
- Allowing you to quickly change dozens of passwords after an employee leaves the company or a client changes hands
- Creating an audit log when passwords are changed
- Giving you insights into client credential usage within your company
All of these work together to secure your employees’ information (and your company’s data, by extension), as well as your client logins.
Keep Your Passwords Secure With Password Management
At Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI in Raleigh, our managed IT services are designed to make your business run smoother. For more information about adding a password manager to your managed IT services or to schedule a consultation, contact the experts at Strategic Systems – A Division of CEI by calling (919) 783-1410 or fill out our online contact form below.