CEI – The Digital Office has been providing business solutions to the Triangle region for over 60 years. We are looking for an eager, enthusiastic and highly motivated full time Field Service Technician to join our award-winning, work-hard, play-hard service team. From volunteer days to Halloween parties we love focusing on the community and being together as a team. At CEI- The Digital office, W-O-R-K is not a four letter word, we love what we do, and it shows. If you enjoy an environment that fosters creativity, laughter and community, we want to hear from you!
Field Service Technician – Service:
The Field Service Technician position is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Field Service Technician will report directly to the Field Service Advisors and V.P of Operations. The technician’s job duties will include servicing as well as troubleshooting all printing and scanning issues of all systems as assigned. CEI sells and services Konica Minolta, Savin (Ricoh), and Lexmark. The Field Service Technician will maintain contact with a multitude of customers, so an innate drive for high customer service and satisfaction is paramount.
Essential Job Duties:
- Service all equipment within assigned territory.
- Arrive at first call at 8:00 a.m. and work until 5 p.m.
- Perform total call procedure on every call.
- Ensure accuracy of meter reporting on every call.
- Complete Machine History Log at each call.
- Notify advisors of all accounts with 3 calls within 30 days.
- Call all customers within 30 minutes after receiving call from RTS.
- Follow pre-call and post-call procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of Employee Manual, Service Handbook, bulletins, and other service literature.
- Maintain tool kit and inventory of parts.
- Required to meet Field Productivity Numbers.
- Complete all service reports correctly and legibly for the purpose of data collection and analysis. Part usage reports, gas receipts and charge tickets must be turned in at time designated by advisor.
- Attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled service meetings.
- Responsible for truck cleanliness and maintenance.
- Schedule regular service of company owned vehicle. Company provides vehicle and pays for gas, insurance and maintenance.
- Keep interior of passenger cab and truck bed clean.
- Always observe all company policies, posted speed limits and all traffic laws.
- Notify Field Service Advisor of any problems in the field, including any safety concerns at a customer location.
- Frequent contact with customers, management, advisors, Sales Department and other co-workers requiring communication verbally, in writing or through other means.
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Make a concentrated effort towards understanding and promoting the Service Maintenance Agreements to the customer.Complete Sales Lead Forms as needed.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Field Service Advisor and/or V.P. of Operations.
- Assist with the placement of copiers or relocating copiers at customer locations on an as needed basis.
The experienced Field Service Technician should possess a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic skills. He/she should also be able to assist and/or instruct associates as required. The technician must maintain favorable relations with the customers and fellow employees. Good time management skills are required. Frequent travel is necessary and a valid driver’s license and overall good safe driving record is required. This position requires the ability to lift, push, pull at least 50-100 lbs; sit, kneel, crouch, lay on the floor and bend for long periods of time in order to perform the essential job duties. We will provide training to qualified Experienced and Entry Level candidates.